!-- SCM Music Player http://scmplayer.net --> expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Writer's Block

So friends? Do you know what writer's block is? Let me explain. Its the hours you spend sitting upside down on anything...literally anything...and let the blood flow to your head (fabled thought that blood in the head makes your brain work better or something like that.....well I can honestly say all I ever got were headaches) Or how about walking in circles chanting your characters names, trying for inspiration to strike. The music you have listened to the past seven months will not help now that you could probably compose something yourself, you have looked at everything on pinterest trying to find something that looks like your characters, you spend hours looking through movie synopsis's seeing if you can throw a few different things together and come up with something original (with the directors help :) of course) You edit, and re-edit and edit some more, almost to a point where your novel has taken a completely different course. You omit characters, you add characters...think think think!!! But still, saying you have "run into a brick wall" is just not strong enough a term. That was me for the month of January. So of course I voiced my problems to my good friend who suggested I write some shorts, small 10 or so page booklets. She sent me some photo's one of which happened to be an old military photograph. Well I chose that one and a few days later I have more then the minimum requirement of pages. So, because I have such a hard time thinking of things to write on my blog, I have decided to upload this little story in parts. I will start posting soon, and hope you look forward to it as much as I do. I also would appreciate your criticism and opinion. (gently said and clean of course.)
Signing off for now,
Molly D

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling, but I never HAVE to write, thankfully. I just do it whenever I want to, when it comes to me easily.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete